Saturday, March 29, 2008

Let there be dark.....



Hi everyone,
Are you participating in Earth Hour 2008?? According to an article I'm reading in the Toronto Star, the organizers of the event are completely overwhelmed with the momentum this year's event has gained. Tens of thousands of businesses and individuals have signed up in Toronto alone and the global interest is growing and growing! If you click on the title above, it will take you to the Earth Hour website where you can read, see photos and video, etc.

Lights out everyone - 8 pm tonight. Spread the word!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea this Earth Hour

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful idea! Can't wait to visit the website and see soem pictures! Unfortunately my family can't participate today...we have guests for the new year...but we will turn off uneccassery lights!

Ms Watt said...

Turning off unnecessary lights IS participating! Especially if you tell everyone why you are doing it! New year by candlelight could be wonderful, don't you think?? Have fun!

Anonymous said...

It was great! We turned off all lights after 8:30...we went to our friend's house after that and the streets were darker than usual and it was just so cool....
I haven't had time to visit the website but I really want to see the pictures taken from above.

Anonymous said...

It was great! We turned off all lights after 8:30...we went to our friend's house after that and the streets were darker than usual and it was just so cool....
I haven't had time to visit the website but I really want to see the pictures taken from above.

Anonymous said...

I saw some pics right now and they were impressive...

Anonymous said...

go earth hour!!
my dad got so excited he turned off the breaker for every electrical anything in our house.
Glad so many people participated!

Anonymous said...

Ya! I was babysitting and we read stories by candlelight!